Četvrtak, 14 Prosinac 2017

Mobilne kućice

neposredno blizu mora, privatni parking

Opširnije

Parcele tik uz more

za odmor iz snova

Opširnije

Raj za surfere

za profesionalce i početnike - idealno mjesto

Opširnije

Booking Online

 

Rezervacije

Datum dolaska:

Broj noći:

Pristupni kôd (opcija):

 

Promijeni /  Otkaži rezervaciju »
  • MOBILNE KUĆICE SUPERIOR -NOVO!

    Nova dimenzija mobilnih kućica

  • Rapoća

    Kamp Rapoća

  • Za Kantuni

    Za Kantuni Restaurant - Mali Losinj

  • Y/C Marina

    yacht club Marina, Mali Losinj

  • Tourist Agency Losinia

    turistička agencija

A+ R A-

Osor

The island of Lošinj is located in the northern part of the Adriatic, anchored in the Kvarner Bay. The hundred year-old tourist tradition and care for nature have made it an island surrounded by crystal clear sea, untouched nature and a mild Mediterranean climate.

 

The entire coast of the archipelago is resplendent with small bays, basins, islets and cliffs where it is pleasant for a swim and sunbathing during the summer months. The highest hill on the island of Lošinj is Osoršćica that ascends above our Lopari and Rapoća camp sites and our guests describe it as one of their favourite walking paths. The island offers kilometres of orderly walking and hiking paths that, through the exercise of your body and soul, lead you to unique belvederes.

 

Winters are mild in this area and summers are pleasant and not too hot ensuring a comfortable stay on the island of Lošinj throughout the year.

 

The island of Lošinj is the successor to a rich past that has left traces of a number of civilizations that can be seen amongst monuments, the language and customs.

 

Different types of accommodation will ensure your comfort; numerous events, entertainment and friendly employees as well as the same local people will ensure you have pleasant and unfogetable stay on the island of Lošinj!

 

The CathedralCathedral – Built in 1463 – 1498 (direction N – S). The main altar in the Baroque style houses the relic of St. Gaudentius, bishop and patron saint of Osor. Apart from the magnificent altar in the church is the painting of the Assumption by Andrea Vicentin with donors and patron saints, a painting by Palma junior as well as other valuable furnishings; from 1989, important artistic works of contemporary Croatian painters, which were donated to Osor church by some artists, can be found here.

Cathedral bell tower - east of the church – is the work of Krk's master craftsman, Jakov Galeta, from 1575. In the 18th century, the bell tower was reconstructed; in 1901 it was raised to the level at which it is preserved to-day.

Osor's garden sculptures Osor's garden sculptures «Sculpture and Music» - A row of bronze sculptures based on the theme of music. The sculptures are laid during that period of the year when Osor's Musical Evenings are held, enriching Osor with the works of important Croatian sculptors. Thus, the idea was born to place a row of statues with reproductions from the most famous Croatian sculptors such as Ivan Meštrović, Fran Kršinić,Vanje Radauš, Ivan Rosandić and Belizar Bahorić, creating a unique sculpture line, as well as original works of Marija Ujević dedicated to the musician Jakov Gotovac.

 

The Archaeological Collection Osor - Museum of Osor

About the City Hall

The collection was opened to public in 1889 and since then it has been housed in the building of former City Hall and loggia. It is a Renaissance building from the first half of the 15th century. Other public buildings in the main square, the Bishop’s Palace and the Cathedral, date from the same period. The building was protected as the monument of culture in 1964.
The Lapidarium is situated inside a spacious loggia, together with the ancient stone fragments, Medieval wicker ornaments and the Renaissance spolias, while the items predominantly from the period of the Early Roman Empire have been displayed on the first floor of the City Hall.

About the permanent exhibition

Beginnings of long and turbulent history of the Archaeological collection of Osor reach back to the 18th century and are related to Dinaričić, the Bishop of Osor who acquired the first collection of stone monuments in the Bishop’s Palace in Osor, according to the records by Alberto Fortis from 1771.A hundred years later, the collecting passion of Bishop Dinaričić continues with Ivan Kvirin Bolmarčić, a parish priest. As an amateur archaeologist, he undertook the first archaeological explorations in Osor in the period from 1874 to 1881, researching the city walls and the Illiric-Roman Necropolis on the Lošinj side of the Kavuada channel, eventually acquiring a respectable archaeological collection which consisted of several thousand items in 1880. In 1889 the archaeological collection of the parish priest Bolmarčić became the property of the Municipality of Osor, it moved into the building of the Osor City Hall and was opened officially to public. The Archaeological collection of Osor has been the oldest museum institution on the islands of Cres and Lošinj and one of the oldest archaeological collections in Croatia in general.


From 2007, after numerous changes of status, neglect and restoration, the Archaeological collection of Osor functions as an independent department of the newly established Lošinj Museum. The archaeological material on display follows the everyday life in Osor and its vicinity from the very beginning to the medieval times. Different types of human production have been presented - from ceramics and glass to items made of metal, from stone relief plastic and sculptures to numismatics.

Osor “Credo”

The Roman symbol of faith, commonly known as “Credo” originated in the first Christian communities in Rome as a brief text which served for the Catechumens, who were individuals preparing to be baptized in the Church, to learn it by heart and recite it in public on the eve of the Baptism. To the end of the 5th century the written form of the text was not allowed because it was considered a strict religious secret. Osor “Credo”, unique in the world, is the oldest preserved inscription of the Christian faith carved in stone, dating from the 5th to the 6th century. The two fragments, rather humble in appearance, are the remains of the old-time stone tablet used as a reminder for the Catechumens in the first St. Mary’s Cathedral in Osor; therefore, they are of great importance for the history of the early Christianity.

Collection of Roman republican coins

The Collection of Roman republican coins in Osor experienced a peculiar and rare fate to be discovered twice. The first time an old peasant from Osor discovered it by accident in 1889. He dug up about 500 Roman silver coins in a metal container with a lid. He kept most of the coins for himself and distributed a few to his friends. Fortunately for science, 475 coins were saved and they were examined by Francesco Salata., a historian born in Osor who made public his findings the very year. The Osor Collection consisted of 212 most interesting and most valuable coins, others were sold by the owner. The coins were buried probably during the turbulent times of Roman conquest of this area in the 1st century BC. During the Second World War people from Osor hid their treasure again. The Collection was considered lost for decades until 1971, when Osor parish priest received a letter from Italy which revealed the location of a hiding place. Thereby, this treasure has become a part of the Archaeological Collection of Osor once again.

The portrait of Octavian

One of the three portrait heads of emperors which are kept in the Archaeological Collection of Osor presents Octavian, the first Roman emperor, at the time before he was proclaimed Augustus (the Exalted) in 27 BC. It is an “Actium type” of a portrait, because it was made after the famous naval battle at Actium in 31 BC, when Octavian defeated Marc Anthony and Cleopatra. It is also one of the few preserved Octavian’s portraits which show him with his head veiled. In the time when the portrait was made there was probably a great number of Roman citizens in Osor who were Octavian’s supporters and possibly his assistants in a war against Marc Anthony. The portrait of Octavian in Osor is the earliest representation of a Roman emperor and one of the earliest Roman sculptures ever found on the eastern Adriatic coast so far.

 OPENING HOURS:

It is open for visitors from Tuesday to Saturday from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m.

 

The Croatian kuna The Croatian kuna (Croatian currency) – The kuna (which translated means mustelidea) as legal tender is first mentioned right in our SMALL ETERNAL TOWN OF OSOR in 1018.
Photo sculpture – CROATIAN KUNA, bronze, detail of monument erected in Osor 1998.

 

 
 
 

Lopari Calendar

December 2017
M T W T F S S
1 2 3
4 5 6 7 8 9 10
11 12 13 14 15 16 17
18 19 20 21 22 23 24
25 26 27 28 29 30 31

Lopari Weather

Humidity:
Wind: at


/


/
KWeather is powered by Kaleidoscoop